We often regard Anxiety as some serious illness or a kind of disorder that makes a person suffering from it uncomfortable with situations and circumstances encircling it. It leaves the person with a state of mind that gives birth to a number of insecurities with regards to strange faces, maybe friends too and sometimes even with their own family members. It is not appropriate to consider a person suffering from acute anxiety disorders as ‘ill’ or ‘psycho’. We live in a society where different is often termed as ‘unusual’ in a rather negative way. But what we need to understand is that the people suffering from anxiety aren’t any different from us but are only a more sensitive version of what a human race could be.
Understanding the concepts of Anxiety
Every person on this planet can roughly be considered to experience anxiety in its life at some point or the other. It is a natural phenomenon that is present in every one of us in different ratios depending upon the nature of the person and the series of events that take place in its life with the passing of time. When these anxious moments reoccur in one’s life, the person is said to be suffering from an ‘anxiety disorder’.
Anxiety disorder experiences can be really painful for the person suffering from it. Anxiety Disorders can be found in people of all ages and has nothing to do with the physical being of the person but in rather with its mental being.
Symptoms of anxiety and anxiety disorders
- Increased heartbeat
- Inability to breathe
- Loss of emotional control
- Over thinking
- Birth of suicidal thoughts in mind
- Constant feeling of tiredness
- Social harm
Types of Anxiety Disorders
A number of anxiety disorder types have been categorized depending upon the stages of the illness and the factors leading up to the cause of the presence:
- Agoraphobia– in this type of anxiety disorder the person avoids getting into places and situations that make it feel claustrophobic.
- Medical condition anxiety disorder– this type of anxiety disorder is caused to problems in physical health of the sufferer.
- Generalized disorder– this type of anxiety disorder is often considered as a state where the sufferer experiences panic and worry about everyday events or activities. The worry is an exaggerated form of what is necessary.
- Panic disorder– causes the sufferer to panic excessively with respect to every situation whether big or small.
- Substance-induced disorder– caused by the intake of drugs or other medications or might occur as a withdrawal symptom of the same.
How to treat people suffering from anxiety disorders?
The sufferers of anxiety disorders experience extra emotional flow with respect to every situation. They find themselves in a position of 24X7 danger and fear not being understood. The best way to treat someone suffering from an anxiety disorder is by caring for it and constantly assuring that it is no situations of danger. Doctors might prescribe a number of anxiety reliving medicines which are of no use if the sufferer isn’t treated with immense love.